You won’t want to miss these 3 delicious and nutritious healthy-fat foods.
► ► FREE BOOK + COOKBOOK + DOCUMENTARY: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS: https://diabetessmarts.com
Let’s find out 3 amazing healthy-fat foods for diabetics!
1) Nuts and seeds are packed with positive nutrition and are low in carbs, and flavor, they go great in salads, on top of lean meats, or even as your go-to healthy snacking option.
2) Nuts give you MONOUNSATURATED FATS, which are good fats. These fats have been shown to lower harmful LDL cholesterol as well as total cholesterol, and they supply a variety of beneficial nutrients.
3) Avocados may be high in fat, but they supply healthy monounsaturated fats. They also supply around 20 diabetes-fighting vitamins and minerals.
4) A whole avocado also gives you 4 grams of plant-based protein, which, studies show, works like fiber to slow the introduction of sugar into your bloodstream.
5) Fatty fish is the best way to get healthy omega-3 fatty acids into your diet. Fatty fish are rich in the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, which have been shown to improve heart health, fetal development, and they may even lower the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
6) Studies show that fatty fish can be an excellent meal centerpiece for balancing post-meal glucose levels. Most varieties of fatty fish are extremely low in carbohydrates but high in beneficial protein. Protein works much like fiber to slow your digestion, which thus helps you avoid a blood sugar spike