Dr. Jason Fung in his “Diabetes Code” presents a simple and straightforward solution to reverse type 2 diabetes. Jason Fung is a world-leading nephrologist and is known for his exemplary contribution in the fields of intermittent fasting, diabetes, and weight loss.
*The Obesity Code Cookbook by Dr. Jason Fung released ! https://amzn.to/2PD1OPe #intermittentfasting #drjasonfung #jasonfungfasting #IF
Even though Intermittent fasting has immense benefits like weight loss and reversing type2 diabetes, IF can be a huge challenge and most of us have to cross several hurdles, both social and psychological, to transition to a smooth fasting lifestyle.
Dr. Jason Fung, a renowned nephrologist and a world-leading expert on intermittent fasting and low-carb, in his recent blog post, gives some valuable tips for a successful fast.
Top 8 Intermittent Fasting tips from Dr. Jason Fung
Drink water: Start each morning with a full eight-ounce glass of water. Water, not only suppresses your hunger but also keeps you hydrated throughout the day.
2. Stay busy: It’ll keep your mind off food. Being busy, away from the sight and smell and also the thought of food is a great idea for a successful fast.
3. Drink coffee: Coffee is a mild appetite suppressant. Green tea, black tea, and bone broth may also help. But limit your coffee to maybe 3 or 4 cups a day.
4. Ride the waves: Hunger comes in waves; it is not continuous. When it hits, slowly drink a glass of water or a hot cup of coffee. Often by the time you’ve finished, your hunger will have passed.
5. Don’t tell anybody you are fasting: Most people will try to discourage you, as they do not understand the benefits. A close-knit support group is often beneficial, but telling everybody you know is not a good idea.
6. Give yourself one month: It takes time for your body to get used to fasting. The first few times you fast may be difficult, so be prepared. Don’t be discouraged. It will get easier.
7. Follow a nutritious diet on non-fast days: Intermittent fasting is not an excuse to eat whatever you like. During non-fasting days, stick to a nutritious diet low in sugars and refined carbohydrates.
8. Don’t’ binge: After fasting, pretend it never happened. Eat normally, as if you had never fasted.
Last but not the least, don’t be too hard on yourself, let go of your fast for an occasional night out with friends or family. You can always go back to your fasting the next morning. These tips will help you greatly when you are serious about intermittent fasting and would like to make it work.
The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting https://amzn.to/2O5sf2P
The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss https://amzn.to/2xLmsUQ
The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally https://amzn.to/2LNUuQH
The Longevity Solution: Rediscovering Centuries-Old Secrets to a Healthy, Long Life https://amzn.to/2xN04dC
The Obesity Code Cookbook: Recipes to Help You Manage Insulin, Lose Weight, and Improve Your Health https://amzn.to/30wFevz
Dr. Jason Fung is a Canadian nephrologist. He’s a world-leading expert on intermittent fasting and low carb, especially for treating people with type 2 diabetes. He has written three best-selling health books and he co-founded the Intensive Dietary Management program.
Dr. Fung has his own website at IDMprogram.com.
Dr. Fung graduated from the University of Toronto and completed his residency at the University of California, Los Angeles. He lives and works in Toronto, Canada.
Dr. Fung works with Team Diet Doctor to make it simple for people to understand and implement intermittent fasting, to improve their health.
Innotech Nutrition Fasting Days Intermittent Fasting Drink Mix
Obesity code, the beginners guide to intermittent keto, intermittent fasting the complete ketofast solution 3 books collection set
FTC: Some links mentioned above are affiliate, which means I earn a small commission if you buy a product from the specific link.
Video is not sponsored.